FNSW Insurance website
Full details of the Insurance for Players can be found at the Football NSW Insurance website.
Personal Injury Insurance
(Full details on website – link)
The Sports Personal Injury policy has three main sections
- Capital Benefits
- lump sum benefit to Insured Persons that suffer permanent injury or death.
- The maximum sum insured under this section is $100,000 (increased to $750,000 for Paraplegia/Quadriplegia)
- Medical (Non Medicare and Physio) Benefits
- provides an 100% payment of Non-Medicare Medical Expenses after any reimbursement from your Private Health Fund up to a maximum of $5,000. A $50 excess applies if the insured person is not a member of a Health Fund. (Nil excess for Health Fund members.
- This benefit covers only expenses that are not covered by the Medicare Act 1983. i.e. expenses for which there is no full or partial Medicare rebate. Commonwealth Legislation prevents any programme of this kind from insuring the Medicare Gap.
- Weekly Benefits
- provides an income replacement to insured persons that suffer an injury and are temporarily totally disabled from performing their full time occupation.
- 85% of your average weekly income up to a maximum of $250 per week for 52 weeks. No benefit is payable for the first 7 days.
- Payments can only be made after the exhaustion of any sick leave entitlements.
Injury Claim Process
- Injury claim forms are now completed online through the claims portal on the FNSW Insurance website.
- The online claim process enables claimants to apply and upload documents and receipts online for quicker processing.
- To lodge an injury claim go to Lodge your Claim online
o The claimant registers and completes the claim form online.
o The Club Declaration and Physician’s Statement forms are both downloaded and printed by the claimant from the claims portal.
o The Club Declaration is completed by the club and is then saved and uploaded to the claims portal by the claimant.
o The Physician’s Statement is completed by the claimant’s Doctor or Specialist and is then saved and uploaded to the claims portal by the claimant.
o Alternatively these documents can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or posted to Gow-Gates Claims, PO Box 4731, Sydney NSW 2001.
Injury Claim Verifications
- Claim verification is required for all injury claims.
- Verification cannot occur until the Club Declaration and Physician’s Statement are uploaded or received by Gow-Gates.
- State Leagues claims are verified by Gow-Gates in consultation with FNSW.
For all enquiries regarding insurance, please contact Gow-Gates on (02) 8267 9999 or email email@example.com